Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One week post op

Pain: 1-2
Inconvenience: 7
Weight: 170

I had my one week post op appointment today.  The surgeon thinks everything is looking great!  I actually have way less bruising than most double jaw surgery patients at this time post op.  Still no straws, side sleeping, chewing, blowing my nose.... All those lovely things I took for granted once upon a time.

But he is very concerned with the results of the ultrasound from my ER visit on 10/4.  I have blood clots in my right lower leg.  They are in my superficial vein which is better than my deep vein because they are less likely to break off and move to places such as... My heart, lungs, brain, etc.

But the pain has sort of, migrated.  He doesn't think it would be smart to wait until my Monday Hematology appointment, so I'm going to try to get in to get an ultrasound done again tomorrow.

Even at one week post op, if anyone would ask me if I would do this again, my answer is absolutely. 

Here is today's picture :) 


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying your updates. Happy everything's still going well! Have you had to ask that people not try and make you laugh? Are you avoiding funny movies? I remember clicking my tongue a couple of days after I had my wisdom teeth pulled -- I fell to the ground in pain!

    I can't offer much advice to your procedure. After all, getting wisdom teeth pulled is nothing compared to what you had done. But I can at least offer this: DON'T CLICK YOUR TONGUE.

    Good luck at your appointment!

    ReplyDelete