Monday, October 11, 2010

12 Days post op

Pain: 1
Inconvenience: 7
Weight: 168.0

Yawning is obviously not advised when ones jaw is being held together by rubber bands.  But how do you stop a yawn?  Yep, that and sneezing is ill advised.  But my body didn't get the message.  It doesn't.....hurt.  But rather, feel uncomfortable.  Ahh well, enough about that boring stuff. 

I ATE GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP FROM THE BLENDER TONIGHT.  And guess what, it was good!  Crazy?  Maybe borderline.  But it wasn't mashed potatoes or cream of wheat, so I was down for trying it.  I'll be eating that again soon.  What is next in the blender.... Pizza perhaps?  :)

And today, I had my appointment with the Clinic for Bleeding and Clotting Disorders.  And I don't know how it happened, but apparently ultrasound tech at Fairview Wyoming misread the ultrasound.  I have blood clots still yes, but they aren't in a superficial vein.  They are in the deep vein.  So I've been sitting at home doing warm compresses for the last week for a DVT with no medicinal therapy.  Between that and the fact that Fairview Southdale didn't even entertain my complaint about my leg hurting before I was discharged from the Hospital makes me think that.... Well I don't know, but not good.

So now, this evening I started my Lovenox (shots) and coumadin (oral) and I have my first INR appointment on Wednesday.  fyi, Thank you Mary Sheets for support in the Lovenox area.  ;)

I also have a follow up at the Oral Surgeons office on Wednesday to make sure I haven't done anything to make the hardware loose or move.  I've broken a few bands when I'm eating, but nothing painful, I hope everything is fine!  And I go back to work on Thursday.  I need to start thinking about what I am going to bring for lunch!  Well, I'm tired, here is a new picture and let me know if you have any recipes I can use!




Thanks!

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Yeah jennifer! Sound like youre healing well other than a slight medical mishap ( kidding on slight ) I so look forward to seeing you!!!I never even thought of yawning, holding a yawn back would have been a good thing to know in high school :) thinking of blender meals for you.....I wonder what pasta would be like for you, a little alfredo sauce......hmmm. I'm so glad you aren't experiencing pain and I hope that DVT clears without a problem! See you thursday!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete